I recently had the pleasure of spending a few days in Seattle. It
was fabulous to be near a large body of water (all Colorado folk said
Amen). Most of my time was spent wandering Pike Street and drinking
endless cups of coffee. I may have shopped through a couple clothing
stores, only because I was sight seeing of course. Shopping is a hobby
of mine, not a habit. One of the stores I happen to stumble on was the European clothing
store: H&M. I browsed for about an hour or so, decided on a dark
blue blouse, jumped in line quickly and avoided any other unnecessary
purchases. When it came time to sign my credit card slip the cashier
asked if I wanted a bag. This question took me by surprise. Believe it
or not this was the first time I’d ever been given the option to
decline or accept a shopping bag. I ended up declining the 100%
recyclable bag, but the question continued to resonant in my mind. Was
this the beginning of a plastic bag revolution? Maybe so.
Seattle is one of the most Eco-Friendly states in the USA. They have
Eco-friendly cleaning companies, limo services, Eco-friendly green
homes and hotels, and many more. After my little shopping spree in
Seattle I started thinking about Diers Exhibit Group
and how we could contribute to promoting a healthy environment. A
little research later I found out we distribute displays for one of the
largest Eco-friendly companies in the Tradeshow industry. Eco-friendly
displays are a great way to join forces and preserve the environment
from the Tradeshow industry side. Below is a list of the Eco-friendly
resources that our sister-company uses to build their display systems.
They might be beneficial for those of you who build your own display
systems and others who are interested in purchasing an Eco-friendly
– Recycled Aluminum Extrusions: made from 70% recycled aluminum.
– Bamboo Plywood: made from 100% rapidly renewable bamboo.
– Sorghum Board: A material removed from waste stream and give rural farmers extra revenue from unused waste material.
– Stains and Finishes: water-based and VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) free.
– Paradise Fabric Graphics: made from 100% Recycled Soda Bottles.
– Exhibit Graphics: variety of recyclable graphic options available.
– Shipping Cases: developed with 100% recycled and recyclable Plastic.
– Bio Carpet: made from Polymer fiber, 100% biodegradable.
– Eco-Fi: velcro compatible polyester, 100% recyclable.
– LED Lighting: bright and long-lasting.
– GreenCore: is Bio-degradable & made from FSC certified wood, it has a 2-sided printable surface.
– Eco-Glass: made from 100% post-industrial recycled content.
– ReCo: a flexible material developed from 100% recyclable plastics.
Are you wanting to learn more about Eco-friendly displays? Give us a
call today and we will help you find what you’re looking for: 303-973-5613.
If Eco-friendly booths are outside your budget, that’s okay! You can
utilize LED energy efficient lighting for your systems, familiarize
yourself with Eco-friendly materials and start spreading the word to
fellow-display attendees. A small start is a great start. Go shopping
and go green all in one day, it worked for me!
Written by Jeff Diers
Owner and Founder of Denver based Diers Exhibit Group